CERAMIC FLOOR OR PORCELAIN FLOOR
Ceramic flooring is distinguished by its versatility, resistance and impermeability. More and more households are betting on this type of flooring. Due to its resistance and the fairly simple type of care, which allows it to be a material with numerous finishes, since it can imitate almost any other material that we want. Within this type of flooring, we find major brands such as Dekton® or Neolith®, among others.
On the other hand, porcelain flooring stands out for being much stronger than ceramic flooring, and because it allows us to achieve more up-to-date designs and spaces and open. But which one is better?
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF CERAMIC FLOOR VS PORCELAIN FLOOR
Ceramic flooring is very resistant but requires a series of care and factors to take into account:
- Impermeability. It is a porous material, so we must use specific treatments to prevent stains from occurring. Among the outstanding treatments we find protectors and non-slip as well.
- Cold pavement. It is an ideal material for summer, although it can be a big problem in winter.
On the other hand we have the porcelain floor, these have slight differences;
- Highly resistant. If the ceramic floor is resistant, the porcelain floor is even more so. In addition, they have the characteristic of being much more resistant in terms of scratches, discoloration, chips and stains.
- Maintenance. Porcelain flooring does not require complicated maintenance and does not require waterproofing treatments as in the case of ceramic flooring.
- Durability. As this material is produced at a very high temperature, it makes it a much more durable product. What’s more, if we make good use of porcelain flooring we could make it last a lifetime.
In terms of aesthetics, both have many finishes for the client to opt for one. However, we could say that porcelain floors stand out for having a more elegant finish, what does this mean? That can even better imitate the finishes of other materials such as marble or wood.
WHAT CARE DOES A CERAMIC COUNTERTOP AND A PORCELAIN COUNTERTOP HAVE?
Well, like floors, many people opt for these materials for their kitchen countertops. But do you know what care they should have?
For this type of material, one of the Spanish brands that best maintain and care for these materials is BelCare. MASER brand that was born with the purpose of offering customers a range of chemicals for any type of surface, taking into account the quality of treatment, care and respect for the environment. Within the brand we can find a variety of products such as cleaning kits, anti-slip treatments, protectors, polishes, putties or repairers, among many others. All for the treatment of ceramic countertops or porcelain countertops. Thus providing any solution to the problems or needs that the client finds in the care and maintenance of their countertop or surface.
For the care of a ceramic countertop and a porcelain countertop, at MASER we recommend the → Belcare Ceramic Kit ←. This kit has three products to take the best care of our countertop:
- Cleaner: Allows cleaning with peeling action and antibacterial disinfection.
- Restorer: Cream that manages to eliminate stains produced by the day to day, and eliminate impurities that have penetrated the material.
- Polisher: Improves and provides hydration and shine with effect gloss to the countertop.
This kit not only allows the care of our ceramic countertop and/or porcelain countertop, but also its maintenance and prevention
A PERFECT INSTALLATION WITH SUPPORTS FOR CERAMIC WORKTOPS
For ceramic countertops and porcelain countertops when installed on a kitchen island, bar or counter, we recommend the use of countertop supports. You can see here our complete range of types of supports, with their colors and measurements see → supports ←. They are invisible that will make it more resistant, preventing excess weight from fracturing it. Thanks to the invisible supports, which come in various formats and colors, you will be able to use the countertop more safely, in addition to achieving the desired design that would not have been possible otherwise.
You can read more about supports for countertops in our news. Click here to → read all about supports
WHY DO WE CHOOSE A LAMINAM®, DEKTON® OR NEOLITH® CERAMIC CLADDING?
Ceramic tiles are very much in fashion right now. Any of the manufacturers, such as Laminam®, Dekton® or Neolith®, give very good results, if they are cared for with suitable and specific products.
For ceramic floor repair we can opt for the range of → see putties ← offered by BelCare. These putties are found in different sizes and colors. The texture is soft and it is easy to apply. Likewise, it does not turn yellowish after its application and it has fluid, thixotropic and epoxy adhesives.
On the other hand, when moving a Laminam®, Dekton®, Neolith® board, we must have the right materials. That is why at MASER we recommend the use of → clamps ← to professionals to safely transport the boards.
HOW DO WE PROTECT CERAMIC FLOORS?
To protect our ceramic floor we must have the appropriate treatment. This is the case of the → Non-slip Ceramic Surfaces Belcare ANC-1 ←. It is perfect for ceramic floors, providing a double action: protection and non-slip action.
Learn more about how to protect it and the peculiarities that ceramic floors have, in addition to preventing accidents in this blog entry → ANTI-SLIP FOR CERAMICS, WHICH IS THE BEST? ←
WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULD WE USE TO MAKE A CERAMIC FAÇADE? AND TO PRODUCE A PORCELAIN FACADE?
The ventilated façade is on the rise and this is demonstrated by the ceramic façade. It is one of the most used materials for ventilated facades due to its hardness and resistance. That is why we must take into account what products we can use. Both for the production of ceramic facades and porcelain facades.
- In the first place, we will have to elaborate in the workshop the table or the tile that will later be installed on the façade. To carry out this step, we must have efficient machinery such as the cutters → CPAV-G ← and → CPM← . Both machines are used to cut ceramic and porcelain materials in a practical way. They are available in different bench sizes, as well as being configurable in the part cutting drive and control accessories that will make its processing much easier.
- In order to cut this hard material, we must use a disc that provides us with good results. This happens with the BelCut brand, which provides high quality discs at an unbeatable price. Within its range of discs, we find the → ceramic discs and/or → porcelain discs ← . It also has different diameters and thicknesses that adapt to the needs of the moment.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT MASER
At MASER our greatest concern is you. For this reason, do not hesitate to → contact ← if you have any questions about porcelain or ceramics, among other questions that you need to ask us. We have a team of experts who will help you at all times. You can also visit our → online store ← to better see our catalog.