How to remove stains on marble, granite and stone
To remove stains from marble or other types of natural stone, we must first of all know some characteristics of natural stone.
Among many other characteristics, stone is capable of absorbing more or less depending on its porosity. Granite is not the same as marble, limestone or sandstone, not to mention quartz agglomerates or ceramics.
For example, quartz is more resistant to stains than granite. Likewise, granite is much more resistant to stains than marble. That is why in this blog post we are going to see how to remove all kinds of stains on marble or natural stone. And how to protect our surfaces from them whether you are a professional or a private individual.
As we all know, stains can be a big problem in our daily lives. They affect everyday objects such as our worktops, floors, exteriors or stairs. And these oil stains, coffee stains, rust stains or other types of stains can complicate our lives.
Not only can they appear as a result of carelessness, but they can also appear due to exposure to inclement weather.
That is why we must have the right products to get rid of them, such as the ones we enclose and recommend for their perfect effectiveness.
CLEANING RUST ON MARBLE, GRANITE AND STONE
Do you have a horrible rust stain on your worktop? Has a stain appeared due to welding rust? Don’t worry, this product will remove any rust stain on marble and stone. It will be easier to remove the stain on marble, granite or stone the more recent it is. But don’t doubt that Rust Remover is the stain remover you need to be able to remove them. It belongs to the Italian brand Bellinzoni, which has been distributed exclusively by Maser for more than 20 years. It has a specific formulation for removing all stains on all types of stone quickly and effectively.
Its main characteristics are as follows:
- It does not contain acids. Therefore it can be used on polished marble without compromising its shine.
- Its gel formulation allows its use on vertical surfaces.
- Rust Remover is effective for removing stains on materials such as: marble, marble-resin, granite, slate, terrazzo, terracotta, terracotta, stoneware, ceramic and limestone.
HOW DO WE APPLY RUST MOVER?
HOW TO USE RUST REMOVER?
In order for the Rust Remover anti-rust gel to work effectively and remove stains from granite, marble or stone, we must follow these simple steps:
- First apply the product directly onto the stone, without forgetting to put on gloves beforehand.
- Then we spread it with a spatula and leave it to act for 5 minutes and we will see how it changes colour.
- Then, with the help of steamed water, we remove it.
- If necessary, repeat the action as many times as necessary, or leave it to act for longer if the stain is very deep.
- For more details about our Rust Remover gel, please contact us or visit the product in our shop.
CLEANING STAINS ON MARBLE, GRANITE, STONE, ETC.
Spot Remover is our great ally to remove the most complicated stains on stone, marble and granite. If we want to get rid of complicated stains such as oil, grease or humidity, we need SPOT Remover. This will be our great ally when it comes to finishing off these impossible stains.
- Effective against oil, grease, coffee, humidity and saltpetre stains, among others.
- Penetrates the stone without damaging the shine or leaving shadows.
- The product is suitable for treating surfaces of: marble, marble-resin, granite, slate, terrazzo, terracotta, terracotta, stoneware, ceramics, cement and calcareous stones.
HOW DO WE APPLY SPOT REMOVER TO REMOVE COFFEE, WINE, OIL OR OTHER STAINS ON MARBLE, GRANITE AND STONE?
HOW TO USE THE SPOT REMOVER?
It is advisable to wear gloves when handling the spot remover. Follow these easy steps and you will be able to remove the stains from your marble, granite or stone surface in general:
- First of all, it is important to wet the surface to be treated with water before applying the product.
- With the help of a spatula, apply a uniform layer of Spot Remover of about 4-5 mm.
- Then, leave the product to act for a period of 2 to 3 hours, covering it with plastic film (polyethylene or plastic food wrap).
- This allows the paste to be wet and thus achieve a better absorption of the stain.
After 2-3 hours remove the film and allow the paste to air dry. Once dry (after 8-10 hours, depending on the ambient temperature), the paste dries to a whitish appearance.
- Proceed to remove the residues of the paste with a brush and clean with a neutral detergent such as LEM-3 by Bellinzoni (in the case of marble and calcareous stones) or with an alkaline detergent such as BERT-27 by Bellinzoni (in the case of granite and fired stones).
To find out more about our Spot Remover stain remover, please contact us or visit the product in our shop.
We have already succeeded in removing the most difficult stains from different materials!
HOW TO REMOVE OTHER TYPES OF STAINS ON STONE?
1. CLEANING MOULD, MOSS AND ALGAE
These stains that can be found both indoors and outdoors are easier to remove than you might think.
The cleaner removes algae, moss and mould from the Spanish brand BelCare is the perfect product. In just 30 minutes it removes their traces on exterior or interior stone without damaging the surface and without leaving marks.
It is also suitable for sanitising swimming pools and fountains.
Therefore, this is a product that will not only remove those stains but also prevent them. As well as sanitising in its own right.
2. CLEANING DAMP STAINS
Moisture stains can become our worst nightmare. If you have already tried cleaning with products and they haven’t worked, we bring you the solution. Sometimes it is better to look for a specific product for our stain than to try a thousand home remedies. That is why from Maser, we recommend the damp stain cleaner. The BelCare brand provides this product whose mission is to eliminate humidity stains:
- Dark and brownish halos caused by mould and mildew
- Yellowish stains due to oxidation
It can be applied on any surface and any finish. Although it is recommended above all for natural stone:
3. CLEANING GRAFFITI, PAINTS AND STICKERS
Stains from graffiti, stickers, crayons and certain paintings on public or private buildings are a headache. As well as often becoming an impossibility.
However, BelCare provides us with a specific cleaner: graffiti, paint and sticker cleaner for smooth surfaces.
This product is also biodegradable. Because BelCare is committed to the environment and our surroundings.
MASER offers you a team of professionals who will give you personalised advice with no obligation whatsoever. You can contact us through the contact form, where we will quickly answer your questions. We hope this blog entry has helped you.
Have you been able to remove your stains from marble, granite or any other stone or surface you are worried about?
Have you already tried any of the products we have recommended?